The International Fine Food and Beverage Fair, Salón de Gourmets 29th edition, left us dumbfounded. It is true that this event is just for professionals (and a couple of privileged people) and those up-to-date on food and beverage, but trust me, if any of us miss it, we’d get left behind.
Four days, three pavilions, or in other words 20,000 sq m, and 1,400 exhibitors dedicated to leave more than 79.000 visitors with an excellent taste is their mouth. Salón de Gourmets is undoubtedly one of the best ways to make contacts, a great occasion to meet old friends or discover the latest products. And let’s not forget: it is the perfect showcase to soak up new ideas like stylish printed cartons, eye-catching labels and other awesome branding tendencies.
The San Jamon Team at Emily Food stand 🙂
We spent a whole day from 10:00 a.m. to 19:00 p.m. scrutinizing every single corner, exhibition, workshop or demonstration and we did not miss a single detail: how to carve a huge tune, how to open an oyster or how to enjoy with all the senses. There was a wide range of activities for everyone. So absorbed were we that we had to make do with a burger and a bit of salad eaten in a hurry to come back inside the pavilion.
If I had to condense the experience into a few lines I’d say: producers are going for excellent packaging and magnificent designs and reverting back to traditional know-how, but to reviewed and updated tradition. The highest standards of design and manufacturing go hand in hand.
I’ve written the below list for any foodie or wine lover willing to discover exciting new products from Spain, here is it, our stand outs in the crowd:
- Morcilla por un Tubo, Devillada Morcilla. A revolutionary morcilla (blood sausage) paste tube ready to be heated in a microwave in 1 minute flat or to enjoy at room temperature. It is not a toothpaste tube, but it looks like it was. Is it not wonderful? And exquisite!
Morcilla por un tubo
- Choco Crisps. An irresistible pleasure, indispensable to have on hand. A must-have snack. Delicious potatoes covered with the most exquisite chocolate.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Perlas, Orobailen. An explosion of sensations, yeah, they literally explode in your mouth.
- Bag in Box Oil, BuenSalud. Yes bag-in-box is becoming one of the most popular containers, limited to the packaging of wine -so far! We think they hit the spot.
Bag-in-Box Olive Oil
- Gourmet Jams, Cucumi. A new concept of hand-made jam. Incredibly surprising ingredient combination: grape and vanilla; orange and pumpkin; lemon, lime and mojito or cherry-cava… even monovarietal jams: garnacha, tempranillo or syrah… a treat for the taste buds and low in sugar!
Cucumi jams, yummy!
- Sangria & CO Red, Rosé or Doré, The Sangria House. Slogan: Proudly made by Spaniards. A new generation of signature Sangrias. A combination of wine and critics, essential item in all celebrations. Besides, its low alcohol content 8% ABV allows you to celebrate in moderation if you feel like.
Sangria The Sangria House
- Marine Plancton, Parque Natural Veta la Palma. You do need to follow the instructions to use it, but is worth it. A whole new world of possibilities full of organoleptic and nutritional properties.
- Orujo Verdejo, Panizo. It looks like a perfume bottle, but is one of the most popular Spanish liquors. Fine, clean, and clear appearance with a delicate aroma, green fruit nuance, reminiscence of flowers. Balanced in mouth, unctuous and with a long aftertaste with light almond bitterness coming through. Want to try?
Panizo Verdejo Limited Edition
- Convennience Food Querida Carmen. A new way to recover Mediterranean gastronomy. Super cool design, they really believe in the quality of details to make our lives easier.
Querida Carmen Beautiful Tin
- Vermouth la Cuesta. An innovative box made from hardboard, light and easy to assemble. Perfect to keep your vermouth in perfect conditions and ready to be enjoy at any time.
Vermut Lacuesta, with one slice of each lemon and orange
In short, tinned food, cheese, dried food and nuts, extra virgin olive oil, convenience food (of course Gourmet), charcuterie, rice, liquors… everything was characterized by an excellent packaging design, a flawless presentation and an unforgettable flavor. We are eager to come back next year.
Rebeca and Sero Emily Foods
Serpeska, huge tuna and swordfish
Salón de Gourmets visitors
Cute little pig 🙂
Salón de Gourmets
Artisanal Valencian Horchata
Olive Oil Tasting
Our supplier La Chinata Exhibitor
Beautiful carved cheeses
Cheese tasting, exquisite!
Super Huge Fresh Bread
Our supplier Ilbesa… award.winning cheeses
Excellent ham ready to be carved
Rice from Valencia, wondeful vintage packaging
Cuatro Rayas ice bucket
super Huge Cecina
Exquisite meat “madurada”
ADM wines, ham and almonds
Miguel, Rebeca and Julio at Cuatro Rayas